Monday, June 3, 2013

A Missing Pumpkin

I did not wish to leave my Puttikins for an entire month and, upon my return on Saturday, I discovered how much it had disrupted their psyches.  Despite the fact that both Bobbie and Jackie love animals and especially cats, the disappearance of their Mummy for a month as well as their move to a new, larger room, albeit one filled with boxes and other storage stuff, made them even more fearful and paranoid than ever.

Remember that most of these cats never saw any one but me....  Two days after my return,  I still have not seen Pumpkin nor even any evdience that he is alive.  When I first greeted my Putti, they ALL hid from me.  Soon, though, Beauty and Ash came out and Cupid followed shortly after that.  I could see most of the others in their hiding places.  The ones whom I could not see were Temujin and Pumpkin.

I went repreatedly into the room and sat quietly on a chair.  It was not until I returned in the middle of the night (and no electricity there!) that I felt the presence of many of my Putti brushing up against my legs.  Scruffy Leo finally began to purr, a sound I had missed terribly.

I kept vigil in the night, but no Pumpkin.  I sat on the chair from 4.00 a.m. until an hour after dawn and was rewarded by greetings from every one BUT Pumpkin.

Dear little Pumpkin... I worried terribly about him and still do.  I pray he is alive and well somewhere in that room.  Despite the fact that I did my best to move all the boxes, finding horrid little desposits of offerings of resentment and terror in and beside them, (many of them archaeological evidence from the beginning of May I daresay), no hint of Pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment