Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pumpkin has been FOUND!

I should have known better.  Whenever I gave one of my babies to some one in the past, the cat or kitten often would hide from his/her new owner, sometimes for a few days.  When Pumpkin did not show a whisker for two days after my return, though, I went into a panic, with awful visions of him lying dead beneath a box on the porch...

Yesterday afternoon, I realised that, whatever the cost, I had to move everything in that room to find my last recalcitrant Puttikins.  I found him ultimately in the darkest, most inaccessible corner with Jasper sleeping on top of him!  No air or light for those two.  They missed their windowless room, evidently, so I picked them up by the scruff of their necks and returned them to the little interior bathroom where they had resided previously.  They appear to be much more at ease now.  They actually eat and drink.  Silly little boys!

In any event, I was so happy to see that little heart-shaped face that I almost wept for joy.  I was annoyed that Pumpkin simply stared as though he could not understand what the problem was.  Did he not realise how much anxiety I had suffered???

No comments:

Post a Comment